Subject: [Leica] Re: Bluebirds in my yard
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:21:19 -0800

on 3/22/03 6:24 PM, Henry Ting at henryting10@yahoo.com wrote:

> I can never understand people shooting not with cameras, but with firearms and
> call that "sport". To me, shooting pictures like this one
> requires more skill and the satisfaction of capturing
> such an image is almost zen-like.

I don't want to turn this thread into a pro- or anti-hunting flame war, but
consider that not only does the photographer need to be within range with a
good view, but there's also background, posture, light & shadow, depth of
field, exposure, focus and subject motion to manage properly; with
photographs a brief turn of the bird's head or blink of its eye will spoil
the shot.  I throw a lot of slides away.  I also leave the bird alive so
that someone coming along after me can enjoy its vitality and vibrant
plumage, and perhaps to try his/her hand at a photograph.

> BTW, that 560mm f/5.6 Telyt is truly remarkable.

The sucker's HUGE but the quick handling and image quality are delightful.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from Craig Schroeder <craig@craigschroeder.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Bluebirds in my yard)