Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters on M6
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 19:20:07 -0800

Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> Slobo
>
> Somehow I do not think it will be as accurate as my Zone
> VI modified Pentax Spotmeter V.
>
> Jerry

I agree Jerry but I've just put the filters on and shot with them and
not have any trouble.
You'd think you'd need a contrast change (less development) with the red
filters but if you're using red filters from B+W something about the
wavelengths they pick (to block) it comes out with not too much
contrast. I've also had perfect luck with dark green and polarizing
filters. Yellow green of course that's only one stop anyway.
I would hate it if it were the case that the meter can't deal with the
filter. Because for me much of the whole point of TTL metering for your
ambient exposure and I guess for flash as well is that you can just
change filters and not juggle ASA's on a meter. But i bet if we look
hard enough. All those filters from B+W and Heliopan we'll find a few
odd ones which requires an adjustment.
The only thing to do is try it with the filter. Run it through! I know
the reds are much different company to company. I imagine others might
be too.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com