Subject: Re: [Leica] Funny (odd) R4S Metering
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:46:47 -0600

Sounds like you have the hardly ever used syndrome.  Mechanical controls if
not exercised regularly will develope corrosion on the contact surfaces.
The fix is to run the control through its range 10 to 20 times and it
should clear up.

Gene

                      BenMarks@aol.com
                      Sent by:                            To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        cc:
                      -alto.ca.us                         Subject:  Re: [Leica] Funny (odd) R4S Metering

                      03/19/2003 02:16 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Doug/All: Last CLA 4 years ago, but the camera is quite clean and has seen
only light use during that time as I mainly shoot with M2/3/4-P and 6's.  I
popped off the lens for a look at the innards and it looks clean as
anything. Any bright ideas?  BTW, love the photos of birds on your site . .
. simply stunning.

>> Is this the infamous R4 whacky electronics problem (I had thought that I
had
>> dodged that one . . .)?  If so, suggestions?  Off to DAG for an
overhaul?