Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon i950 review, part 2
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:05:54 -0800

John Collier wrote:

> Another option to explore:
>
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/sm-02-06-16.shtml
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/sm-02-30.shtml

Thanks.  I'm not so sure that the Canon i950 firmware doesn't *always*
use all six inks (rather than just black), but I'll play around with it
and see what I can come up with.

I agree with Hartmann on the issue of grain.  I shoot 35mm because I
like the aesthetics of 35mm.  I don't want my 35mm shots to look like
large format photographs.  So, maybe I should think twice about
shelling out $195 on the quadtones...

Here's a bizarre thought: Since the ink cartridges in the i950 are all
the same (except for the colour inside them), maybe I should replace
all the colour ones with (Canon) black and then experiment with
transfer curves in Photoshop until I get smooth tonal changes... ;)

M.