Subject: Re: [Leica] Summitar 50mm
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:47:43 -0800

IMO $250 is on the high side. For that money it should have no internal haze, no
cleaning marks on the coating (it is coated isn't it?) and the focus mount silky
smooth.  A $100 CLA will clean haze, make the focus silky but do nothing about
cleaning marks. If it needs a CLA IMO the value drops to about $100.

They can be good shooters but the barndoor shade a bit much. Also they take
Summitar filters, or you have to find the rare adapter for Summitar to E39
thread.

Another thing to think about is at that price you are getting close to new
Voiglander glass.

Dennis