Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Flash Aperture, [ was Which Leica ?, M5,M6TTL, or M7 ]
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:57:48 -0800

John Collier wrote:

> If you are focusing at 1m with an aperture of f1.4 and flash
> compensation set to -1 2/3 stop with ISO 400 film, it is not hard to
> imagine it overexposing. It is unfortunate that the M6TTL will not warn
> you. I do think I can throttle back my big flashes that much either.
><Snip>

Ah F 1.4 at 1m! Now i Understand the problem!
Accurate focusing in probable low light might be another problem your
depth of field would be about the width of a human nose hair!
The question is…
	which nose hair am i going to focus ON!!???

	The other hairs exibiting classic nose hair bokeh!  (notice how each
nose hair has its own artifacts! THAT'S GOOD LENS DESIGN!)

A classic low light macro bokeh problem!

Thank god for those nose hairs they are indispensable focusing aids!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com