Subject: RE: [Leica] Latest shot from a digital with a Leica lens
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:42:01 -0500

Hi Jerry,

> I have seen a friend set up a Hasselblad and the latest digi-back
> for it.  It required the camera to be tripod mounted, and took
> an eternity to shoot ONE picture.

That's called a scanning back.  It's really strictly for studio use (I have
a couple of them, and they produce astounding images, but are of limited
use).  There are one-shot backs available, and they are quite good, but that
is really a different animal than turning a Leica M into a digital camera,
and they, also, are of limited use.

> Javier would be asking for major surgery to be done on the
> M body before it could be mated to a mythical digi-back.
> (Should I copyright the name "Digi-back"?)

Hence why I believe a whole new body would be easier!

Regards,

Austin