Subject: Re: [Leica] Could this actually work...?
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 06:00:40 -0800

on 3/15/03 7:23 PM, Martin Howard at mvhoward@mac.com wrote:

> India ink is permanent.  Good quality, "archival" paper is readily
> available... I'm guessing that it would be possible to dilute concentrated ink
> to reproducable dilutions.  I'm also guessing that it would be possible to
> refill empty Canon ink wells with such diluted ink.
> * Am I totally bonkers?

As I understand the Canon printers, the inks are encapsulated and are
deposited on the paper by a burst of heat that melts the capsule.  I suspect
you'd totally gum up the works with this experiment.   It would be far
cheaper to buy a second-hand Epson inkjet printer and a set of MIS quad-tone
or hextone cartridges.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com