Subject: Re: [Leica] Latest shot from a digital with a Leica lens
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 22:26:04 -0800 (PST)

You beat me to it!
I was thinking of buying an adaptor for my new used
EOS DCS-5c but at 90 to 150 bucks it didn't make
sense.
I don't  think digital has gotten to the point where a
Leitz lens would make a difference. But when it does I
doubt Leitz will be ready to embrace it financially.
Canon has long abandoned Kodak in favour of their own
native designs and are so far ahead of Leitz that any
pro digital product they made or commisioned would be
sorely deficient IMHO. On the other hand they could
approach someone for a digital back for the Ms since
they seem to have been made for digital  backs! But
again, they haven't moved on that either.
Unfortunately Leitz seems to have fallen so far behind
that they are now in the same position as us -
spectators who helplessly  watch developments go by
unable to do anything even if the iniciative is there.

Javier

- --- "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>