Subject: [Leica] RSO
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:50:14 -0800

Abouth a month ago, I was on a business trip to Leesburg, VA, when I
decided that the clever thing to do would be to drive a Florida rental
car (don't ask) through a snowstorm to hook up with Jim Schulman in
Reading, PA, to see the Reading Symphony Orchestra rehearse.  Jim,
being the marketing genius he is, lied through his teeth and introduced
me as a professional photographer of international repute.  While this
bent the truth just a little more than it comfortably flexed, it did
gain me access to crawl around the stage as the orchestra was
rehearsing.  So, armed with an M2 and a 50mm DR, two rolls of Tri-X and
half a roll of Delta 100, I did my best impersonation of Robert Capa,
shooting from every conceivable angle, and for about an hour had more
fun than I've ever had since the time when I was two and Mum placed me,
dressed in a plastic bib, infront of a sink full of water for me to
splash anything within reach in.  (By an odd coincidence, I suspect
that I'll never live to see either of the two offers repeated.)

Unfortunately, like Capa, the people who processed my film fuggered it
up and fried the highlights, so everything looks a little odd.  Well,
that, and the fact that for some obscure reason, I can't expose film
properly to save my life.  While I used to live on the ragged edge of
underexposure (actually, well beyond it in most cases) I now err on the
side of caution -- the same side that 30-something mothers who buy
300hp, two-and-a-quarter ton SUVs to drive the little ones to
kindergarten err on.

Raw scans with minimal tonal correction to try to tame the highlights.
No editing done yet, more to come.  Yelps of joy and constructive
criticism equally welcome.

	http://homepage.mac.com/mvhoward/PhotoAlbum6.html

M.