Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: Fiat 128/ Premier Padmani [Was: Which Leica ?, M5, (now hand crank)]
From: "A. Lal" <alal@duke.poly.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:45:59 -0500

Sorry, it is not black paint. It is the rarer gray(ish) paint version, hence the above average price.

As befits a car of this quality, the unrestored bodywork  has acquired a marvelous and authentic patina induced by the tropical
climate. This patina, along with its driving qualities, endows it with a great deal of what the classic and old car magazines refer
to as "character", a very desirable if elusive trait.

May I point out that this car will provide you with just as much driving excitement (albeit of a completely different nature) as an
Austin Healey,  MG or Porsche,  but at a much lower, i.e. safer speed and price.

An added advantage of owning this car over the old MGs, Austin Healeys and Porsches that some have been discussing on the LUG is
that you will forever be spared the embarrassment of having to ignore those well dressed, but wrinkled, sixty or seventy something
ladies who make eyes at you as they walk by...

Let me know if you require further information.