Subject: Re: [Leica] Which Leica ?, M5, (now hand crank) OT
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:16:40 EST

By the way  had a 66 Nova last year .
It was nice to see that Chrome M2 on the front bench seat .

There is still a possibility to fit any car part to any car , especially
if you live in the UK !
I live in France and I know many cars on the road with ...something
a little different from the OEM engine...

I think it is true that many Leica Lovers also love vintage cars .

Jo GOODTIMES

- ----------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure of all the details, but word has it that Fiat sold a factory,
tooling ... the works to the Soviet Union and set up their factory. The
parts where interchangeable (you could use Fiat parts in a Lada, but you're
wisdom might be questioned if you used Lada parts in a Fiat).

Nice little cars: the automobile equivalent to the mechanical Leica. Like a
Chevy Nova from 1966. There was enough room around the engine so you could
almost climb in and work. There wasn't much that could really go wrong.
(There wasn't much ... period).

I bought it brand new and it ran for 11 years. The depreciation in that 11
years was less than what you loose when you pick up a new Volvo and drive
it out of the lot. Gave it away to a friend (Sofia, who figures in some of
my PAWS).

I'll have to dig up some shots of it :)

Daniel