Subject: [Leica] Heiland - the chips are 'split' against you!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:38:10 -0500

Well folks - here's all I have found you. You should order the darned thing
from Versalab if you live in the US. It's not cheap $1345 US w/ a
footswitch, and 14 bucks to ship it. If you get it from Germany, you need to
pay a slew of extras, that amount to about the same. If you get it from RH
in the UK (the ONLY distributor there), which you can't at any rate - but
say a friend gets one for you, It's not much cheaper, not warranted, and ALL
electronics are rigged for UK voltage. So -- they got you. On the other
hand, you do get personal attention from a pretty nice guy who knows he's
got you, so he treats you well ;-) Every part is covered by him personally
(an EE), new software upgrades are all inclusive, and he'll hold your hand
through it all if he has to. I only wish he'd take my color head in trade!
If it works the way it should, it will make Ag based darkroom work a blast
once more. He also sells Dunco Easels -- NOT cheap either (hell - nothing is
from these guys!) so if anyone has seen one or used one, please let me know
as he states there is no better 16 x 20 or larger easel on the planet. As
long as I am going into debt here, might as well go all the way (HA!) But
the Saunders V-Tracks are pretty good.
    I have to keep saying to myself -- there is nothing like a great big Ag
based B+W print, and it will be worth it. I have all the other stuff
(washers, etc.), got the enlarger brand new and at a GREAT price ... so here
goes ...
    Again, anyone with knowledge of Dunco Easels, please let me know if they
are any better than the V-Tracks.
    Thanks for all your help.
        Ed