Subject: Re: [Leica] focusing question deux
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:08:00 -0500

Lea - the viewfinder and rangefinder mechanism is contained in the area
above the lens and works with lens cap on , off.  If you remove the lens
there is at the top of the barrel opening a lever that is actuated by the
lens and it is that links the focusing of the lens to the rangefinder
mechanism.

Ernie