Subject: Re: [Leica] wimpy slightly drunk dutchman
From: "Kevin Argue" <kargue@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 21:01:06 -0500

Tina- While it may be said that the US is the largest single contributor to
the UN, it can also be said they routinely hold back their funds if they
don't get things their way. As for US troops in Bosnia and Kosovo. When I
went in with my Canadian troops to Bosnia, the troops went in under NATO
flags not UN. My press card has the NATO star on it. There were US police
under UN colours as there were other countries. The vast majority of UN
peacekeeping missions had Canadians, but no yanks. The US uses the UN when
they need it, the rest of the time they ignore it.

Cheers,
Kevin Argue
Canadian