Subject: [Leica] War Photography With Rolleis and Leicas
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 12:59:21 -0800

Yesterday I pulled out a book from my library called "The Camera at War"
a history of war
photography from 1848 to 1978. I had not read it for ten years.

It has a large number of photos taken by well known photographers
including Robert Capa,
Margaret Bourke-White., Larry Burrows, David Douglas Duncan, Alfred
Eisenstadt etc.

You wanna see the horrors of war?  Read this book.

Lots of pics in it were taken with Leicas and Rolleiflexes, but quite a
few of Capa's pics
were done with a Contax!

I am currently looking at the section on Northern Ireland. And the worst
part was after
the book was written!

Jerry

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] War Photography With Rolleis and Leicas)