Subject: Re: [Leica] Heiland Split Grade for V35?!?!
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 08:38:29 +1100

G'day Ed,
Well, I'm quite happy with the results. So much so, that I have to get
some sort of drying rack, as I don't have the space to dry my prints
(they are coming out so quickly). I'm NOT a b/w expert, I'm someone who
has printed lazily for 30 years, and is at last trying to do it right,
but the Split grade allows you to make a VERY acceptable print first
time, and so I've managed to do away with test printing. From that
print, I can make some "creative" judgments and then do the final
"larger" print. Most of the prints are finished straight out of the
can, with much better consistency that I would ever have had before.
With the autofocus of the Leica, its a very very fast combination: I"m
now slowed only by the rate I can put them through the Jobo.

As for whether is "value-for-money", I don't know. To "import" it to
Australia cost me a small fortune, and I have repressed the price. All
I can say, is that repressing the $$$ has been easy now I've seen the
results.

I bought it for the V35 and also for the Ilford MG 500 (on a Devere).
Sadly, the latter has not been tried as my power is erratic, and the
Voltage Stabilizer I use on the Leica does not work on the MG --

ANY ONE know where I can get a decent all powerful voltage stabilizer?