Subject: RE: [Leica] leica MP and other things
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 21:56:25 -0700

Kevin--

The MP is on its way, but they are in very limited supply right now. The
first bodies will be shipping in the U.S. this month, with others (the
silver versions in 0.72, 0.58, and 0.85) on their way in April/May,
May/June, June/July. As with many Leica releases of new product, supplies
will be limited at first, but will eventually be readily available.

Each territory will be allocated a certain number of units of the available
models, and each dealer will be able to have a "turn," so to speak, at
getting the MP for sale. This process ensures that some of the really big
dealers with lots of muscle don't get to push out the little guys; everyone
will be allocated cameras evenly until they are plentiful enough to be
stocked and purchased outside of allocations.

There are cameras available for purchase now that will be delivered later
this month. You just have to contact a dealer who is doing his/her homework
to make sure customers are getting in line to receive the first models.

Cheers!

Kit