Subject: Re: [Leica] 1st Generation f/2.8 280mm APO-Telyt-R Lens
From: "T Dagi" <tdagi@post.harvard.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:58:31 -0400

- -----Original Message-----
From: "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:34:17
To:<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: [Leica] 1st Generation f/2.8 280mm APO-Telyt-R Lens

I recently took this lens to a wildlife center in the California desert and,
holding it and my R8 in my hands, exposed Provia 100F and captured two
American peninsular bighorn sheep in the frame. I filled the frame with both
sheep in a wonderful composition. Last night I entered it in a composition
at my camera club. Illuminated with my Leica RT-S projector, the judge
evaluated it and quickly gave it a perfect score of 9. After the composition
was over and I turned off the projector, I heard another member say "Man,
that shot has an outstanding three-dimensional look to it." Another next to
him said "Boy, you're right. What amazing quality!". Yet another agreed with
both of them, adding "The sharpness of detail in their eyes, horns, and fur
was outstanding." None of those men know that I shoot with Leica lenses. The
first comment, about the three-dimensional appearance, coincides with the
observations that I, too, have made during all the years I've used my and my
father's Leica lenses. And this experience created another feeling of joy in
using the 280, even with the 1.4 and 2.0 extenders. Anyone else have
excellent experiences exposing slide film with it?

Terry