Subject: RE: [Leica] Comments on a BD Colen statement & PMA
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:32:15 -0500

Not so sure the new Leicavit is 2x the price of Tom A.'s Rapidwinder -- the new 'vit
will sell in some places @ $700 -- what's Tom getting now for his? Someone who knows
told me the new Leica Leicavit may be internally less durable than Tom's design
(because the Solms product's shell is shorter/smaller, they may have used a somewhat
less reliable internal design to fit) BUT in my experience, all of these mechanical
winders are really reliable. The Solms winder is smaller, which many like, and the
open/close latch is a little easier to use than Tom's.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com> (RE: [Leica] Comments on a BD Colen statement & PMA)