Subject: Re: [Leica] The Leica Glow
From: "David Rodgers" <daverodgers@lightcurves.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:45:46 -0800

>>I'm looking for the 35mm f2 Summicron that has the most amount of character<<

In general the older the lens the less corrected it is, and the more character it has. Character is the sum of all defects.

This explains why prints taken through an older summicron and printed through an older focotar look so great. They exhibit mutiple personality disorder.

Also explains why the thambar is the perfect lens to photograph imperfect people.

My favorite summicron -- and I've owned and used 5 different ones --is the pre-Asph. It's flawed, but not too flawed.

DaveR

- --
DaveR
www.lightcurves.com