Subject: Re: [Leica] CL 40mm Rubber Shade Repair
From: "Steve LeHuray" <steve@streetphoto.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:25:56 -0400

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> How can I repair the seam break in the rubber lens shade of my 40mm CL lens?
> Or better yet, is there a collapsible metal lenshood that I could adapt to
> the threaded metal portion of the existing shade. Would appreciate your help.
> I assume that Leica doesn't make replacement shades for this lens. Please
> reply offlist.
>
> Best,
> Bob R
> --

I am sure somebody will have a better way than what I do...for my generic
rubber hoods for my Nikor lenses that break along the seams I use a hi-grade
black duct tape (usually refered to as racer tape, applied to the body seams
on race cars). I also use this tape on my leica bodies when the vulcanite
brakes off -- one of my M2s and a 111c both have racer tape on their bodies.
Works very well.

sl

Replies: Reply from "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com> ([Leica] PMA 2003)