Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 9 dlridings
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:22:29 +0100 (MET)

Yes, Geir, it is. On the other hand, "snuff" (in English) is usually dry
powder snorted up into the nose. Swedish snuff is moist and coarse and
intended to be affectionately bedded up under the lips.

The story has it ... I don't know ... that when snuff (the dry powdered
stuff) came to Sweden, the farmers didn't know what to do with it (cocain
not being in the vogue back then) so they just put it in their mouth. It's
probably a story the Norwegians made up :) :)

Just bought a can here in Oslo about 30 minutes ago. Man is that stuff
ever expensive here.

Daniel