Subject: [Leica] MP: my short test report
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:13:52 +0100

My first reaction when holding the MP in my hands was:

this is a very, very fine camera ....for the collector's cabinet.

It really screams for a designer glass jar with polishing cream, a
lama hair special  polishing brush and a piece of Ted's underpants
for the final high gloss treatment. No, not for polishing the lens
this time, for polishing the body! I bet we will be offered such a
make-up set soon. The only open question is the price.

The MP itself is priced at 3,000 euro, like the M7. But the M7 can do
things that the M6 cannot. And good M6s go for 1,000 euro.  I would
really feel guilty if I had bought an MP. It is only a box with a
hole for putting a lens into.

Seriously, I can't see any serious photographer buying this for the
primary purpose of taking pictures. Very sour these grapes,
obviously. I cannot but agree with Gerry who said:  'This camera
leaves me cold'. Or words to that effect

If you want to stone me, I shall be out tonight.
Showing my pictures, looking at other peoples pictures.
But I'll bring my M7 along for others to handle. If they wish.

Chris
- --
Christer Almqvist
D 20255 Hamburg and / or