Subject: RE: [Leica] A camera is a box with a hole in the front.
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:13:58 -0700

Mark--

Oh, I really ground my axe on that one. Sorry if the edges were showing.
That grumpy old professor of mine did, in spite of himself, encourage one
student whose work with the pinhole camera is quite marvelous--Mary Ruth
Moore. She's not that well-known outside the South, but her work with
pinhole photography is very lyrical, evocative, mysterious. She was my
teacher for one of my photo courses years ago, and she was quite marvelous.
(Her Southern accent is even better than mine!) She taught me how to use a
view camera, and for that I am eternally grateful.

As for pinhole photography, we are all working with an adjustable pinhole
(aperture) when we use a lens. The smaller the hole, the sharper the image,
pretty simple. The lens just gives us better control over the light.
Marvelous, ain't it? ;-)

Kit