Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Guilt?
From: "Seth Rosner" <sethrosner1@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 14:29:18 -0500

Hi Jerry:

Answer: condition, condition, condition. Assuming both are in mint condition
the M3 with DR could bring - what? - $1,500.-2,000. or perhaps more. The
Carrera (I assume it was not an Abarth Carrera?) could be north of six
figures. Leitz made a lot more M3/DR's than Porsche made Carreras, n'est-ce
pas?

In April 1961 I bought my first and only Porsche new at the factory; a 356B
Super 90 coupe, it cost me $3,300. A year earlier I sailed from New York to
Le Havre in Holland America Line S.S. Statendam. My first class cabin cost
$250. During the ensuing year, my room at the Hotel St. Andre des Arts in
the rue of the same name, y compris bain, petit dejeuner, taxe et service,
cost me the equivalent of $2.50. par jour.

Which was the better buy?

LaK 9,            Seth