Subject: Re: [Leica] Capa and Steinbeck
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 23:12:42 -0800

><Snip>
> >
> > it's Penguin Paperback and the right size for reading on a
> > trans-american or atlantic flight.
> >
> > ernie

A book should fit in your back pocket.
They have to make 8 bucks not 35 cents now so a paperback which are the
same size as the hardcovers.
What is the point of that?

Make them small and charge me 8 bucks. Use real nice paper. Special
conform to buttocks technology...to make it worth the money. Call them
"Earth Friendly" less landfill but please to recycled green paper.

I buy old books from Powells because I don't usually carry side bags and
a book which is in my back pocket gets read.
A book which is sitting at home does not.

I remember hearing a while back on how in Europe everyone had a book in
their back pocket, had a favorite poet, a favorite opera and hung out on
sidewalk cafe's talking about it.
In other words FORGET IT!
We need to place some value on intelligence in this country. (USA)
Telling me about the last favorite book he read: WHAT'S WITH THIS GUY!?
Telling me about his favorite poet: THAT'S IT I'M GETTING OUT OF HERE!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com
Email: mark@rabinergroup.com