Subject: Re: [Leica] New Summicron and old DR
From: "Seth Rosner" <sethrosner1@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 18:10:39 -0500

Just a guess Slobodan, but I'd bet that the new Summicron is an integral
unit, i.e., the lens unit doesn't unscrew from a focusing mount. I doubt
that Leica would go to the trouble and very considerable expense of
recreating such a complex 2-piece unit when the purpose for doing so 47
years simply doesn't exist; the DR/Rigid lens head was designed to be used
for macro work on the Visoflex as well as an enlarging lens on the Focomat.

Seth       LaK 9