Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: leica on crack
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:10:26 -0700

Steve--

I hear you, I hear you, but some love it, and don't care about the crank,
and some love the crank, and really want the crank. I've already gotten
requests for the crank. I guess it depends on how you like to crank, and if
you don't mind a little doo-dad for cranking the film, the other features
make it worthwhile.

You know, as much as folks like to blast the collectors, or divide the world
into "Leica Collector Non-User" and "Leica User Non-Collector," I think
there is a bit of the collector in everyone who uses a Leica, and a bit of a
photgrapher in everyone who collects Leicas. Many collectors have some
cameras they use, and some they keep in hermetically sealed mayonnaise jars
on Funk and Wagnall's front porch, and many users also have collected so
many cameras that they can't buy any more mayonnaise, and sometimes put up
for sale on the LUG!

How many on this list own more than one Leica? I'll bet more than one! ;-)

But as for your concern about the crank, I totally understand. One man's
crank is another man's trash.

Kit