Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Capa Casting
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:28:02 -0800

Kit McChesney | acmefoto wrote:

> Jeff--
>
> Yes, she's an amazing musician. I saw her in concert here in Denver, at Red
> Rocks, from about the fourth row, and then about three days later, bumped
> into her in a store in San Francisco. It was fun to be able to say, "Now
> that was a great concert!" She really has a charismatic command on the
> stage. If she were ever to sing in a musical, she'd be a knockout. And the
> versatility of her voice ... she's mighty fine. Yes, that soundtrack for
> "Cowgirls" was terrific. The one film she's been in--Salmonberries--was an
> odd film, but there was some outstanding photographic work in it, amazing
> pictures of the Arctic.
>
> Kit

During the filming of "Cowgirls gets the blues" I "bumped" into Uma
Thurman as the Grocery store three doors from my house was just closing.
She and I were the only customers in the store as they kept announcing
"five minutes Left" we were both running up and down the aisles. I'm
5-10" and she a good two inches taller than me. Ran faster! Blonder
hair! Then we were at the checkout counter and she was having such an
animated conversation with the checkout girl who was a friend of mine
that I just gave them lots of space. I noticed the car waiting outside
with the engine running.

The street the grocery store is on by the way is "Thurman" Avenue, I
think her rented house was just a few doors down.
I have a shot of her modeling furs at around the age of 16 in a fashion scrapbook.
Hell of an Actress! I think she should be one of Capa's Girlfriends!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com
Email: mark@rabinergroup.com