Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens help
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:29:59 -0600

Bill
Well mine is a Canadian lens, not Germany.  I notice the flare when either
a white object is in the background and in full sun, or bright light from a
nearby window.  It does not seem to be there when shooting outside, but
then I've only had 2 rolls of film shot with the lens.  The hood helps, and
I also have a used Leitz UV on it right now.  I am going to try one of the
newer Super Multicoated UV filters, probably a Hoya as they are the only
filters available locally, in the next few days to see if that does the
trick. Although if I can get one of the B+W MRC filters I may just order
one and run the test when it arrives.

Gene

                      Bill Satterfield
                      <cwsat@istate.net>                  To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] Lens help
                      -alto.ca.us

                      02/27/2003 02:51 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

 I have one of the the last production runs of the TE. Was made after
the manufacturing of the lens was moved from Canada to Germany. Has a
high serial number for that run of lens. I bought it from the original
owner He found it several years after they quit making it on a dealers
shelf in Spain. Was and is now, like new. I purchased a 12575 lens hood
for it. They changed the type of glue at that time. This eliminated the
problem of etching on the rear elements. I really like the lens I have
not noted any flare problems. Maybe I am missing it. How can you tell
flare? What should I look for?