Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica third quarter results
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:29:47 -0700

Henry--

Good point. With the dollar's weakness, it takes lots more dollars for Leica
USA to buy Leicas from Leica AG, and that drives up the prices here. The
U.S. is 1/3 of the world's market for Leica. That's not small!

We get inquiries from Europe all the time, as do other dealers, I'm sure.
With the Euro so strong against the dollar, it's cheaper to buy some
products here and have them shipped to Europe, even with shipping and VAT.

Kit