Subject: RE: [Leica] Question: Single Stroke vs. Double Stroke M3
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:51:25 -0500

> What happened to all those enterprising people who claimed they could make
> the parts they needed or get a local mom and pop machine shop to make the
> parts??
>
> Converting to SS does not count, what happens when those parts are no
> longer available?  That's right well just make new ones...
>
> Sorry, but I could not resist...

Gene,

You are absolutely correct!  I'm surprised someone hasn't been enterprising
enough to simply commission a batch of the part(s) that seem to be the ones
that go.  But, it could be that there are enough SS parts to not make it
economically desirable for someone to make the DS parts.

Regards,

Austin