Subject: Re: re-[Leica] Epson 2200
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:25:02 -0800

Christopher Williams wrote:

> The 1280 is a great printer, but you should at least try a 2200 once. You
> can spend a lot of $$$ changing around a 1280.
>
> The pigment inks (red mainly) are not as saturated as dye inks, but with a
> little profiling, it works great.
>
> Chris
> New Orleans

I think this is all about inks vs pigments.

The 2200 is a pretty big new thing because it gives you instead of inks,
pigments which have a variety of advantages namely long lastingnes but
would not give you ultra high color saturation which is OK with me. I
use lower color saturations with the Epson matte papers. I think when
black and white people work in color they try to keep it down, be quiet
about it.

You say you can put pigments into the 1280? Well if it works than to me
that sounds like a good deal. To me it's amazing that the nozzles can
deal with ink then pigment but who am I?  :)

And the 2200 has discrete pigment pods and can print to the edge.
You run out of magenta; you dont have to replace everything most of
which are less than half done.

I hear a new Epson has just come out which cost 150 bucks and has
discrete individual ink pods!
Its the C82 which uses DuraBright inks. High speed performance for
photo's and documents as well.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/index.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1313895873.1046150456@@@@&BV_EngineID=cadcgicjkfjebfdmcfjgckidnk.0

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA