Subject: Re: [Leica] Double Stroke v. Single Stroke M3
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:24:20 -0800 (PST)

That's probably the reason. I'm guessing the m3 was
originally designed as an ss but then reworked for ds
since thge ss gearing fits perfectly into the cramped
space. It wouldn't have belittled by anyone since
Leitz was coming out of the knob wind world. Still, at
some point they must have decided that speed wasn't
making the film cling enough to justify the slowdown.
Javier