Subject: Re: [Leica] These kids today! (was Re: silly errors)
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:28:36 -0600

Just to show you not all is lost yet...

We have a Polish girl 18 yrs old staying with us this year and she took a
photo class the first trimester and I loaned my Nikon F3 to her.  She
learned how to set the exposure manually and now that the class is over I
told her she could also use it in Auto mode and save some effort as her
hands are small and she has some trouble reaching the controls without
looking at them while making changes.  She tried it once or twice, but I
have noticed she is back to setting the exposure manually, and learning how
to use it and set the exposures on her own terms.  She is taking the
advanced photo class next term and will continue with the F3 using it in
the manual mode.  I find it refreshing that she wants to do it the "Old
Fashioned" way and really learn how and why to set exposure and make
photographs.  She also wanted the motor drive removed (too heavy).  At
least the F3 is getting used now...

My oldest daughter did the same thing until her Nikkormat FTN died and
could not get it repaired (by anybody, anywhere), now she uses a digital...

Gene