Subject: [Leica] Any word on the RF flare fix?
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:05:33 -0800

Kit (or anyone else with Inside Info, "blat," or a brother-in-law in the
right place):

Do you know of any forthcoming retrofit fix for the RF flare issue?

The scotch tape over the RF illuminator window trick never worked for
me.  Lutz Konnerman's "Shade" works, but it dims the frame lines a bit.  So
indoors, it can make the frame lines vanish.  I actually once fashioned a
crude cardboard awning for the rf illuminator.  That worked too, but looked
ridiculous and didn't survive more than a few trips in and out of the
bag.  Shoulda used duct tape.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA
- --Peter