Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica MP -- Yes, it's true!
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 00:31:11 -0600

>The problem is that nobody in any era has been able to create a
>variable magnifications finder that is really clear, crisp and
>accurate. The all look (looked) pretty sorry in comparison to
>Leica's. Any accuracy gained by the magnification is negated by the
>fuzzier view, and you have to live with the same fuzzy view even at
>lower magnifications.

I can believe that zoom magnifiers can't be made brightly, but given
45 years of optical advances, can't a 3-step variable magnifier be
made just as bright as a regular one?

The same optical engineering minds that gave use the Tri-Elmar should
be able to give us a variable magnifier.

But then again, I'm cynical and believe that this is just  Leica's
way of getting collectors to buy more cameras...

Karen

Message from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (RE: [Leica] Leica MP -- Yes, it's true!)