Subject: Re: [Leica] BD and the M7
From: "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:44:30 +0800

Hi

it seems that all of u on this list are all machinists of some kind. u can
fix your own gear trains and machine your own spare Leica M parts to
Leica-like precision to work in your Leica M bodies.. well i can't. i feel
so out of place......

i only know how to take photographs. am i alone in this?

i'll take a new electronic Leica M (better still if it is digital, though i
doubt this will ever happen) years from now when my own M6TTL and M3 bodies
go south and Leica no longer services them and it becomes too hard to find a
third party repair guy who isn't yet dying of old age.......

i mean, i love fully mechanical cameras. but the photograph is more
important to me. Anything that gets the job done with the minimum hassle
gets my vote. Even if it's an electronic Leica M.

boon hwee