Subject: RE: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:10:34 -0500

Hi Nick,

> The charm is gone

Well, with a wife and two kids, getting stranded anywhere, anytime has lost
it's charm...so for me, reliability is in and of it self very charming.  I
really have better things to do than be dicking around with cars, though I
still do enjoy it, and having restored quite a few cars in my life, I'm sure
I'll do some more...but they will be ones that I can't buy new, like a 600
SWB Mercedes, or a 3.0 CS BMW (though the 850 etc. are nice).

> Anyway, how many of them are there across the pond? I
> guess the rarity value helps over there. Like if
> you've not seen one they might look quite good! ;)

I don't know, but I see one daily.  It's sharp.

Austin