Subject: [Leica] Zoom finder (was: Leica MP -- Yes, it's true!)
From: "A. Lal" <alal@duke.poly.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:30:14 -0500

Actually I agree with Javier.Canon had a variable magnification finder on their budget bodies nearly 50 years ago.

A variable or multi- magnification view/rangefinder, say 0.6 and 1.2 x,  on the Leica would be a big step forward. There would be a
greater margin of  focussing accuracy with fast lenses.  Such a finder could be implemented while still retaining the current bright
lines. The contax G2 - a very fine camera, by the way- finder in not the only way to put zoom finder in a camera.

I am informed  that the MP will also have TTL flash metering. Any word on the price?