Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Longevity of Leica products
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:49:08 -0800 (PST)

Howdy
Yes, Quartz is more accurate but a well calibrated cap
system is accurate enough +- 10%

By definition, an electronic circuit is one in which
amplification takes place. All other circuits are
electric. The basic electronic shutter is electronic
in that amplification circuits are used in an
auxilliary capacity to drive the electromagnets.
However, they are not central to the shutter's theory
of operation.

I believe the definition of electronic has been
expanded to include solid state switching systems
because the switches are actually amps which are kept
at either zero or driven to full power withjouit being
allowed to hover anywhere in between  thus creating
the illusion of a true switch. Thus digital systems
are considered electronic through the back door

With a good working knowledge of Boolean math it is
ossible to make a digital computer which is purely
electric, by scrounging a truckload of relays and
making a timer or coupling the thing to an electric
motor. Given enough complexity you could run Windows
NT but real slow!

See Ya
Javier