Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica MP -- Yes, it's true!
From: "SML" <leirex@access4less.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:16:46 -0800

I bet it is Leica Marketing strategy to have Leica users or collectors think
that good old Leica MP is reborn as Leica once or twice tried to do it with
"O".  I first thought that it was more like the MP, all mechanical special
rare version of the M3 or M2.  Evidently, as Ernie pointed out, it is
nothing more than one of the various M6's with MP name.  I still see red
whenever I see the M6 LHSA BLACK PAINT, what Leica called limited to LHSA
members only but basically to every dealer and everybody on earth.  I still
feel that I have been cheated.  I still respect old italic Leitz on (in) my
M2 through M5, though.

Regards,
David