Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 rewind question(freezing wx)
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 09:54:28 -0700

Yes all cameras do this to a certain extent. The "new" M is
particularly susceptible because of the use of an angled rewind crank:
not best practice for efficient transmission of force. Proper
lubrication helps but I do not think it will make much difference in
this case. Any increase in effort required to move the film is
magnified by the inefficiencies of the M rewind gear train. This is
amply demonstrated by the dramatic increase in effort when you have to
pull the leader out out of the take up spool.

I have not been outside for hours at -30 degree only about one hour or
so. I have not broken a film yet. I keep the camera body partially
protected in my half open jacket with the lens pointed out.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] M6 rewind question(freezing wx))