Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW wk 8/sl
From: Rob Heyman <rheyman@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 15:52:15 +1000

If this scan is from a print, I would say that the print was pulled before it was finished. Longer in the dev would have given more density in the blacks and the whites would also have some detail. You can't scan in what is not in the print! If however, it was scanned from film, then I would suggest scanning a little flat (or scan in 16bit raw) to keep detail in the highlights and then use levels to add contrast while keeping detail in the highlights. Or you could duplicate the layer and then combine using "multiply" mode to give it some snap. This will not work if there is no detail in the highlights.
Give it a try ..........it's only time.

This is a print from Clif Wright as an example of a non-flat print.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/clifwright/image-40125.html

Rob

"Beddoe, Neil" wrote:

> I like the viewpoint Steve but the print's a bit flat.
>
> Neil

Rob Heyman M.Photog
32 Binyara Street
CHAPEL HILL   Qld   4069