Subject: Re: [Leica] Japanese special edition of new Leica M
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:08:33 -0700

Apparently the M3 like rewind knob will have a flip up handle of some
sorts. At least that is what  people are saying.

If it is true then things I like:

- - Return of the Leicavit is a good thing for Leica but not so great for
Tom A.
- - The shorter M6 style top plate just plain looks better
- - Three diode meter
- - Cool looks and fast rewind too
- -Improved viewfinder, does that mean what I think it means? :-)

  Things I do not like:

Small shutter speed dial
The price as it is supposed to clock in at more than the M7 (I hope you
can buy it without the Leicavit)
No TTL flash: Hey! We just got it and now they are taking it away from
us.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> (Re: [Leica] Japanese special edition of new Leica M)