Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital - Rumor Mongering apologies to Mark R.nowhasselblads
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:53:47 -0800

John Collier wrote:

> I though that a 645 back for the Hasselblad was available a long time
> ago.
>
> John Collier

Yes and I have one. And I got it early one. Its great for horizontals,
turning the camera on its side is not very comfortable. Group shots,
copy work... 16 on a roll; no haste no waste, no muss no fuss.

Now if you had a sidewinder motordrive thing which fits on the CW and
other cameras and the low point PME 90 view finder turning the camera on
it's side is much easier
Trouble is the winder cost well over a grand and so does the viewfinder.
My body cost me 500 bucks used.

It would also be a LOT larger than a Contax 645 or Pentax or Mamiya. The
image circle being definitely smaller and making for really a more
compact and friendly unit.

I was going to go that route build up my Hasselblad with the high tech
gear to make it a 645 but then said forget it.

I may get that Bronica Rangefinder 645

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com