Subject: [Leica] Banning digicampix
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:32:15 -0500

>B.D.
>
>I would be very surprised if Newsweek or any other print magazine is less
than 300 dpi. >It is a simple fact of life that printing at less than 300
dpi is, lo-rez.

>And, my biggest monthly problem is many of the pictures sent to me every
month for
>publication are 72 dpi, sent by people who should know better. So after
being yelled at >by my printer hundreds of time, I have banned all digi cam
pictures.

>sl

I currently have a photo in [magazine which shall not be named] which had
told me "absolutely no digital photos will be accepted" so I mailed them a
5x7 print (from a digicam photo) which they scanned on a flatbed and happily
included. I suspect there's a lot of this going on right now.

Kc

P.s. I'm sure sal can speak to the resolution requirements of newsweek.

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Banning digicampix)