Subject: RE: [Leica] OT - was Digital - Rumor Mongering long, now Contax
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:15:47 -0500

There's no question that what Zeiss SLR glass there is is excellent. But
- - and I am not looking for a debate, Austin ;-) - the Contax SLR's have
been basically non-competitive because the glass is generally slow, and
the number and range of lenses has been quite limited, compared to Nikon
and Canon. Additionally, we get to the lack of autofocus. Yes, they
finally have an autofocus camera, and there the lens range is even more
limited.

As to the Contax line being better than the Leica SLR line - well, in
terms of bodies, that doesn't take much doing. ;-)

B. D.