Subject: Re: [Leica] Japanese special edition of new Leica M
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:46:03 -0800

At 1:12 PM -0400 2/20/03, Steve LeHuray wrote:
>  > At 6:10 PM +0100 2/20/03, Lucien wrote:
>>>Small picture on Nippon Camera magazine website.
>>>
>>><http://www.nippon-camera.com/zassi/z0303/0303.html>
>>>
>>>--
>>
>>  New M6 (essentially an M7 with its shutter but without AE) with
>>  Leicavit. You get to pay more for a more complex winder than Tom A's.
>>  But it does say made by Leica.
>
>Really? Take a look at the rewind knob, and old style shutter speed style.
>
>sl

Sorry, I should have said it's the new MP, with Leica made Leicavit
and based on the classic M (M2, M3) top body/cover style with shutter
dial, wind lever and rewind (with, apparently, a little flip up fast
rewind thingie) but with the guts of the AE - less M7.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com